Our Client is the number 1 service provider of Medical Devices, Medicines and Services to the healthcare sector.
The position will have overall responsibility for the procurement of medical devices and pharma stock for multiple sites across the UK & IE (2 ROI, 3 UK) The role will involve management of the supply chain between our client and our principal suppliers.. The Purchasing Manager will also lead the purchasing team on a day to day basis.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of short and long term forecasts for optimisation of procurement process and contributing to efficient working capital expenditure.
- Liaising with the sales function and suppliers to ensure a high standard of service to our customers is maintained.
- Responsible for maintaining KPI reporting and vendor management on a monthly and adhoc basis
- Management of freight services including road, air, and sea in particular deep sea Asian freight.
- Development of TAs as required to ensure GDP compliance
- Co-ordination of new product set-up in line with SOPs and database procedures
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external to the organisation.
- Management of 3PL outsourced logistics for part of our product range in Ireland.
- To Lead and Develop the Capabilities of the Purchasing Function and take ownership in the management of employee work lifecycle events e.g. setting and monitoring of objectives for team members, training and development etc.
- Setting and managing stock levels appropriate to the business.
- Responsible for managing ERP System accuracy, controlling and maintaining stock checks and monitoring material variance.
- Ensuring back orders are kept to a minimum in line with agreed targets
- Ensuring product recalls or FSN recalls are managed appropriately
- Managing supply chain cost optimisation and identification/execution of additional cost saving opportunities.
- Managing the transport of freight in line with Custom and Import Regulations
- Ensuring systems /procedures and standards are compliant with GDP, ISO and where necessary GMP as these relate to the Purchasing function
- Provision of support to SAP roll-out programme across the group, as necessary
- Adhoc duties as directed by the operations manager and required by the role.
Qualifications & experience:
Essential / required:
- A primary degree in procurement or a business related field.
- At least 3 years Supervisory or management experience within the procurement function
- SAP knowledge essential, including SAP MRP
- Significant experience within a GDP and HPRA/MHRA compliant procurement system
- Hands-on experience of far east planning, procurement and freight services
- Experience in preparation of management reports
- High level of proficiency in MS Office applications including Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint
- Hands-on management experience of managing a team of dedicated and committed individuals to produce optimum team performance in line with objectives
- Experience in the preparation of short and long-term forecasts
- Knowledge of Irish and UK custom and import regulations and procedures(e.g animal derived product tag and deferred accounts.
- Knowledge of Irish/UK Healthcare, supply chain including acute, primary and community aspects.
- Hands-on experience in the operation of stock counts and reporting
- Experience of Qlikview reporting system
- Flexibility as off-site travel and work will be required from time to time